Which press(es), ink & paper do you usually use?:
How would you describe your artwork?:
Our work is intended to revive the value of the handwritten note. It is simple yet impactful. Our cards have been both geeky and formal, but they're always clean and refined and produced on the highest quality paper.
What kind of products do you create?:
We create greeting cards, custom-designed wedding invitations, announcements, personal stationery, and more!
Do you offer custom work?:
Where can we buy your products?:
Do you offer workshops? If yes, what kind of?:
Paperwheel offers letterpress classes at our Portola Valley studio! You will learn the basics of letterpress printing on our vintage Chandler & Price platen presses while making your own set of personalized custom stationery.
What you get:
• Customized stationery design in your choice of one of ten fonts and one of three colors. We’ll keep your design on file so you can reorder your custom stationery easily
• 25 A2 notecards printed with your customized design printed on Crane 100% cotton paper
• 25 corresponding envelopes in your choice of colors
• 1 Paperwheel letterpress notebook, with information about the history and basics of letterpress printing.
• Wine/champagne and snacks - no one should letterpress hungry!
What we’ll do:
We’ll teach you the basics of letterpress printing - how to mix ink, lock up the chase, ink the press, and get perfect registration - while you print your own set of personalized notecards on our vintage Chandler and Price platen press. Don’t worry! We’ll be with you every step of the way to ensure you leave absolutely thrilled with your creations.
Classes are $250 per person, including your custom photopolymer plate and all of the supplies
Classes are from 1-4pm on Saturday, April 20th
Classes are limited to 5 people to maximize everyone’s time on the presses
Classes will take place at the Paperwheel studio in Portola Valley, CA
The fine print:
If you have to cancel (we sure hope you don’t!) please let us know at least 48 hours in advance.